I’ve been thinking about how to write about this since my birthday on February 5th. I’ve turned 29 and am surprised by how I feel about it. I’m kinda sad. Sad to be in the last year of my Twenties. I don’t have a problem with growing older. Especially since my baby face still looks 18. But there is something special about being in your Twenties and I’m sad to be leaving that behind. My goal over the next year is to get over that. I want to do 29 up big! I want to accomplish a number of things and better define the kind of person that I am and want to be, and have a fun year doing it!
Your Twenties is time for growing up, a transition from childhood to adulthood. I want to ensure that I’ve made that transition thoughtfully. This year is about living intentionally. Not just going through the motions each day, but really thinking about the things I do and how they will contribute to the life I want to live.
I’m starting with a list. I’ll blog about each item as I check it off. AND I’ll be doing a series of posts about things that I think I already do pretty well called Cranky Living. Hopefully you’ll enjoy!
For now, here’s my list, let me know if you have any tips or ways to help me accomplish all of these by February 5, 2012!
30 by 30
- IT’S A SECRET – I’ll let you know when I accomplish it!
- Keep my plants alive
- Get in the best shape of my life
- Have Christa Meola take boudoir portraits of me (after completing #3)
- Write a Book
- Make more time to read books
- Make books of my blog posts
- Have a beautiful bedroom
- Make my Photography business successful enough to support my family
- Learn the harmonica
- Let go of what I think I’m supposed to be and just be who I am
- Be less critical of myself and others
- Get rid of the clutter and stop accumulating it in the first place
- Finally decorate my patio
- Create and stick to a budget
- Pay off our credit card debt
- Build an emergency fund
- Make something fun that people want to buy from me
- Redesign Making Me Cranky
- Get a New Tattoo
- Say “No” more, or at least, “I wish I could, but I have too much on my plate right now!”
- Get rid of the chemicals in my house
- Focus on healthy eating
- Stop Eating Fish
- Get pregnant with Baby #2
- Buy a new little black dress
- Visit a haunted house
- Go Wine Tasting
- Learn enough graphic design that I don’t need Josh to do it all for me
- Throw a Fabulous 30th birthday party for myself on the last night of my 20s! (That’s Saturday Feb 4th 2012, Save the Date!)