Happy 4th of July friends!
To celebrate I’m bringing you my recipe for a super delicious cool treat to enjoy on this holiday, which is supposed to be an extra hot one here!
A few weeks ago I gave you my super yummy, super healthy breakfast smoothie recipe. Today I’m bringing you my super yummy, not so healthy, treat smoothie recipe. By the way, I used to be assistant manager at a big brand smoothie place back in college, so I’m kind of a smoothie expert. This recipe is a generic recipe. You can substitute any flavor combination you like, it’s all about the proportions of fruit to juice to ice cream. Pictured below is our favorite tart and tangy Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie!
This is a single serving, multiply by how many friends you are serving!
- 1/2 cup of Lemonade (or any juice)
- 1/2 cup of Frozen Strawberries (or any fruit, frozen is best, it thickens the smoothie and keeps you from having to add ice which will water down your smoothie)
- Big scoop of Lemon Sorbet (or any sorbet, sherbert, frozen yogurt, or ice cream)
Just throw everything in a blender and blend until it swirls evenly. Then pour it into a tall glass and add a colorful straw! I found a pack of bright multi-colored straws at Ikea for $1.49!
Other Combo Suggestions
- Pineapple Juice, Strawberries & Mangoes, Pineapple Sherbert
- Mango Juice, Strawberries, Orange Sherbert
- Apple Juice, Strawberries & Bananas, Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt
- Cranberry Juice, Mixed Berries, Raspberry Sorbet
Enjoy! Let me know if you and try any of these or if you have your own favorite smoothie recipe!