My new favorite lunch!
- Whole Wheat Pita (or whatever pita you like, we go for super healthy in this house)
- Hummus (store bought or homemade)
- Olives (or an olive tapenade)
- Cucumber halved and sliced
- Red onion sliced
- Garbanzo beans
- Feta Cheese
- Greek Dressing
How to Make it:
- Cut your pita in half, open in up and spread some hummus inside.
- Throw the rest in the a bowl, dress with the dressing and toss.
- Spoon your Salad into your Pita
- Eat it up, cause it’s delicious!
I work from home so it’s pretty quick and easy for me to whip up at lunch time but this could easily be packed for work. I would recommend keeping the pita dry, keeping the salad in it’s own container, and keeping the dressing and hummus in separate small containers so nothing gets soggy!
Anyone have any drink suggestions to go with it? What’s a good Greek drink? Ouzo?