It’s been a 90-100 degrees over the last few weeks, so we’ve been moving toward cool summer dinners, and bringing out some old favorite salads and adding some new.
This one is my new favorite!
Strawberry Salad w/ Strawberry Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- Baby Spring Greens Mix (I love these dark and slightly bitter greens mixed with the sweet strawberries)
- Sliced Strawberries
- Almond Slivers
- Goat Cheese (use a fork to crumble it up before you add it)
For the Dressing (adapted from Simple Bites):
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
It’s basically the same as the Simple Bites dressing except that I use Dijon instead of dried mustard, and I leave out the Poppy Seeds because I couldn’t find any at Trader Joe’s, and I use a little more vinegar.
Instead of pulsing everything and then pouring in the oil while it mixes, I just throw everything in the blender and blend. I’m sure their way is better, but mine turns out fine and is faster!
Because I like a more filling meal than a salad, we’ve been having bruschetta on the side. It is so lovely and fresh tasting! It goes perfect with the salad.
- French Bread
- Tomatoes (any kind you like, we like Cherry for their sweetness)
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Slice up a French Bread baquette
- Toast it in the broiler or toaster over
- Rub each slice with a clove of fresh garlic
- Drizzle it with your most delicious Olive Oil
- Top with finely diced tomatoes
- Top that with some Basil Chiffonade (Here’s an video on how to Chiffonade, in case you don’t know)
This is my very favorite new summer meal! It’s so light and fresh and summery, and the bright pink dressing with the red berries is so lovely! I can’t get enough!
Let me know if you try it!